Friday, March 25, 2016

Blue stripe Regency ballgown

In August of 2015 I attended a Regency ball at Gadsby's Tavern in Alexandria, Va.

I had always wanted to do a dress inspired by the striped dress worn by Mrs. Hurst in the '95 Pride and Prejudice, and I found this blue/silver/black stripe that seemed appropriately dark for mourning, yet in line with the dress I wanted.

(photo from Cosprop exhibit)





I wore my Queen Maud replica tiara (Ebay), my pearl swag necklace from Inthelongrun, and white lace mitts from Last Kiss

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, how gorgeous! I'm loving everything about this look - the dress, your hair, tiara, accessories - just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find Champagne long dress

    Buy online best Champagne long dress form your latest collection. Immerse yourself with beauty in one of Attractive RD’s dresses.

    Visit Now - http://www.attractive-rd.com/product/champagne-plus-long-dress/

    ReplyDelete