Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Downton Abbey themed birthday party

It's no secret that I LOVE the series Downton Abbey.  Say what you will, I am obsessed!  So this year's birthday theme was Downton Abbey.  Guests had a costume timeline of 1912-1923, the years the series has spanned.  I chose the first season of DA for my costume and went with a pink and black colorway.


I wore the same tiara as the Marchioness of Flintshire (Rose's mum) from the Highlands Christmas special, and a necklace and earring set from the official Downton Abbey jewelry line.



I uploaded a pdf of some Downton bunting someone shared on Pinterest and made a party banner.  All photo frames contained cast members.


Someone on Pinterst shared this Downton Abbey themed votive candle cover.  I cut out the windows for the light to shine through.  Next to that are quotes from the Dowager Countess.


I have a large portrait of a woman from the 1880s, so I covered her head with a large image of the Dowager Countess.  I might leave this up!


I ordered a bottle each of the white and red Downton Abbey wine for a wine tasting.  I even decanted the red!  Carson would be proud.

                       


My dress.  Pattern is the Laughing Moon #104 View A




4 comments:

  1. Too incredibly fabulous my dear friend!! I am so thrilled that the evening was such a great success!! One year I will make it to the Birthday Party....I can't wait!!

    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Honey! I wish you could have been there!

      Delete
  2. I envy you so much! Everything seems so well-planned, I'm in love with the decorations, especially the Dowager's portrait, haha! I think I might have one printed and hang it in my room! And your dress is absolutely stunning. So jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was fun looking for interesting ways to decorate for the party. And yes, I kept the photo of the Dowager up! The bunting now hangs on the wall in my sewing room.

      Delete